nightwing890 asked: 21, 51, 102, & 141.
21. What are you bad habits?
Soda. I can’t stop drinking it. I’d rather drink an ice cold soda than anything. Even more so than anything alcoholic. There’s nothing better to me than an ice cold bottled Mexican coke that still uses sugar cane sugar. Other than that, my worst habits come from handling stress. When I’m stressed I tend to go out to a nice, expensive dinner or spend money. When in actuality, it’s money I’m probably stressed about in the first place one way or the other.
51. Ever wished you were someone else?
Sometimes I’ll see a photo of someone and I may wish I had their body type or hair, but I like myself enough to never want to be someone else. But on the other hand, I do sometimes wish I had the money and power to help people like Bruce Wayne, and the tech of Tony Stark. And I would love to have some sort of Iron Man esque batsuit that had batwings that could fly into space.
102. Do you regret anything from your past?
Back when I was going to school for architecture, I was required to study abroad and was fortunate enough to go to Barcelona. But when I got there I was more focused on some bullshit relationship drama than being abroad. I was able to travel to other countries and cities with great focus towards the end, but I completely missed out on truly experiencing the city of Barcelona. If anyone reads this and is about to study abroad, don’t just sit there and say I can explore tomorrow. The end of the semester comes much quickly than you expect. And don’t just hang out with your classmates the entire time. Try and make new local friends. Absorb as much culture and new experiences you can’t get where you came from
141. Night or Day?
Night. Definitely. I have to get up at 5 am for work sometimes, but it doesn’t take long for me to revert to a night owl when I have time off. Night just feels better to me. You’re either alone and you can relax or think clearly and quietly. Or you’re with someone or an intimate group of people that means something to you. You can almost never hang out with someone you don’t want to at night.
I am appreciative of how quickly Microsoft is updating the Xbox One. I know some of these updates have been making the One more or less equal to the 360. I also know friend pop-up notifications are coming soon in the April update. These are some of the things I want to see show up in future updates as soon as possible:
- 24 hour clock in the states
- The controller needs to start flashing when it is low on battery like the 360 controllers used to
- Always make sure to have the blu-ray player app display as blue. I don’t know why it changes
- The blu-ray app needs 3D blu-ray support
- I want to be able to lock certain apps to display under the large preview window and the first three tiles immediately to the left of the large player tile
- I want to be able to send a video clip to certain friends on my friends list
- I want to be able to gift full digital games, movies, and DLC to my Xbox Live friends
- I want to be able to preorder digital titles from the Xbox Store on the Xbox One. I always miss out on the preorder DLC even though I honestly would preorder some of these games. Like the new Amazing Spider-man 2 and Transformers: Search for the Dark Spark games to get the preorder skins. Right now, there’s really no option other than buying that content off of ebay or something similar.
- Fix the digital pricing on the Xbox One. I’m tired of seeing the physical games $15-$20 cheaper in stores on sale. The digital store needs to follow these sales as well. And maybe find a way to discount the digital sales. Even if it’s just like $5 or free Xbox Live credit for future purchases.
- I want to be able to rent full digital games for a 2 day or so period. If I decide to buy, it’s as simple as unlocking the license similar to buying a full xbox 360 arcade game
- Voice messaging like on the 360
- I would love for my entire game library to show up under my profile, as well as my friends’ profiles. And how many hours we’ve played each game. If this is supposed to be a social console, let me stalk my friends a little bit more. Let them be able to see what tv shows and movies I’m watching currently. But still have privacy settings because not everyone is as nosy as I am.
- Backgrounds instead of the black abyss behind all the tiles on the main screen
- Speaking of voice, I really want a wireless ear piece for chat like the 360 had. Or let me be able to use a Bluetooth device (Jawbone Era, I’m looking at you) with a usb dongle receiver
- I paid money to dress up my avatar on my 360 with various items (I’m currently wearing a Batman: Arkham Origins costume). I know they’re technically present on the One, but I would like mine (and my friends’) more visible and interactive
- I want an option to have a pop up menu like on the 360 instead of having to go to the main dashboard to reach certain apps like the friend and party apps. I also don’t like being forced to snap some of those apps.
- I want a setting so that when I do snap an app to the right of the screen, the game screen doesn’t go smaller on the left to make up for the widescreen ratio. I’d almost rather it cut off the edges of gameplay a little bit. I feel the sudden game size change affects me more than a little clipping would. Right now the sudden change in screen size is disorienting.
- Backwards compatibility through the cloud. I bought most of my games on the 360 via games on demand. I want ALL my purchases to be available to me on the Xbox One without having to REPURCHASE any of it. The whole reason I bought digitally on the 360 was so I could use it on the One. Otherwise, I would have stuck with discs
- I know you said we couldn’t swap out hard drives. I’m still hoping you were lying to us. I don’t care if it’s a proprietary hard drive like it was on the 360. I would almost be willing to pay the same $500 just to have a 4 terabyte hard drive in my machine right now. Did you really think 500 gb (really 375 gb after the operating system) was going to last us a whole generation?
- I really want a Comixology cloud player app on the Xbox One so I can read my comics on my tv screen in high def.
- A snappable TuneIn Radio Xbox One app
- A snappable 8track app like the one on the 360
- A Vevo app like the one on the 360, but snappable
- I know Twitter didn’t work well on the 360, but I felt that was more to the clunkiness of that app. I think a Twitter app would be PERFECT for a snappable app now.
- All music apps to be snappable to the right of the screen. This includes cover art and song track lists.
- I don’t know if this is possible, but I’d love to see a Google Drive and a Dropbox app.
I wonder if life changes for you when someone truly loves you. Like hey, my world has turned to shit. But at least someone loved me at some point so it’s not all bad!
Big company meeting is happening tomorrow that may determine if we all have jobs in the coming months. I am definitely anxious. I also hope a certain client signs a contract with us or at least notifies we will be awarded that project first thing in the morning. We definitely need it. I definitely need a paycheck coming in for at least a few more months.